There is an area of law that deals specifically with the relationship between businesses and consumers. There are numerous consumer protection laws that give special rights and protections to consumers. These include the following laws:
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act
- Colorado Consumer Protection Act
- Wyoming Consumer Protection Act
- and many others
If you have a consumer complaint you can check with Harmony Law to see if it is one of the types of complaints that can be pursued on your behalf on a contingency basis. You might also consider filing the complaint with the Attorney General's Office of your state or the local BBB office.
For more on consumer protection, check out our frequently asked questions page.